Skip to main content

Chicago Property Management Blog

Landlords Are Getting Screwed By Insurance Companies

Landlords Are Getting Screwed By Insurance Companies

If you ever have had to file a claim on your rental property then you know it feels like no one is on your side.  If you need to file a significant insurance claim on your rental property (>$30k) it feels even more lonely? Flooding and fires are the most common claims of this size. Even a small size fire can cause massive damage when you consider water damage from putting it out.

A public adjuster (aka someone who represents landlords during insurance claims) can maximize payouts and streamline the process for you. While you’ll usually pay a percentage of the claim for their services, a public adjuster could help you recover thousands of dollars (or even tens of thousands on a total loss) more for damage on your rental property. Plus, they take all the time and annoyance of haggling with insurance companies off your plate. 

Side tip: Find a public adjuster you like BEFORE you have a problem because you need to act fast when there’s a problem. 

Landlord Fails: 50 Pitfalls to Avoid for Success

Discover the key to being a successful landlord today! Get our ebook packed with 50 essential tips. Neglecting these might result in expensive errors later on. Don't take chances – get your guide immediately!



Enhance your property investment journey with our exclusive ebooks for landlords and investors. Delve into topics like property management, investment strategies, and real estate trends. Click now to learn and thrive!

Need More Info?

Should I Rent or Sell

ROI Calculator

Rental Analysis

Speak To A GCR&D Team Member