Unlock the Power of Life Insurance: A Guide for Real Estate Investors
On this episode of the Straight Up Chicago Investor podcast, Mark and Tom are joined by Nick Chaplain, an expert in leveraging life insurance to build wealth through real estate investing. Nick shares how investors can use permanent life insurance policies as a source of tax-advantaged capital to fund down payments, pay off mortgages, and finance other real estate opportunities.
Nick explains how the cash value built up in a whole life insurance policy can be borrowed against to make down payments on investment properties. The best part? The money borrowed from the policy is tax-free, and the interest charged on the loan goes right back into the policy. This allows investors to leverage the policy to buy real estate without paying any taxes on the money borrowed or the interest earned.
In addition to using life insurance policies as collateral, Nick discusses how investors can benefit from tax-free retirement income, tax-free death benefits, and tax-deferred cash value growth in the policy. The policy acts as a "bank" that provides tax-advantaged money for investing in real estate and building wealth over time. Mark shares how he has utilized this strategy to help fund college educations for his children in a tax-efficient manner.
If you're looking for innovative ways to finance your real estate investments, this episode is for you. Nick provides a wealth of knowledge on how to leverage life insurance to achieve financial freedom and take your investing to the next level. Tune in to learn the details behind these advanced strategies from the experts.
Questions We Answer In this Show:
Q. What are the advantages of becoming your own bank
Q. Exploring the Benefits of Whole Life Insurance
Q. What is compounded money?
- 04:00 Housing Provider Tip: Listen to the first 50 SUCI episodes!
- 05:30 Intro to our guest, Nick Chaplain!
- 08:06 The “Be Your Own Bank” Strategy!
- 09:27 Nick explains “compounding money”!
- 21:55 Different Types of Life Insurance Policies
- 28:00 Mark shares his scenario of leveraging his Life Insurance Policy!
- 39:05 Strategies to Pay for the Annual Premium!
- 43:57 What is Nick's competitive advantage?
- 45:40 One piece of advice for new investors.
- 46:30 What do you do for fun?
- 46:55 Good book, podcast, or self development activity that you would recommend?
- 47:54 Local Network Recommendation?
- 48:08 How can the listeners learn more about you and provide value to you?
Guest Name: Nick Chaplain
Guest Company: Boston Cash Flow Financial
Other Links for show notes:
Chicago Investor Resources Shared
- House Hacking Calculator
- Rent Vs Sell Calculator
- Chicago Investor Real Estate Meetup (Virtual & In Person)
- What You Must Know About Renting Your Property In Schaumburg
- Survival Guide For Self Managers - 15 Tips Chicago Landlords Must Know(Especially House Hackers)
- Need A Responsive Property Manager?
- Watch & Subscribe SUCI YouTube
- Watch & Subscribe GCR&D YouTube
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
Looking for a breakthrough in your career? Join Our Team!
Need More Info?
Should I Rent or Sell